JSB Tech is the sales and product development centres of Digipas Group (previously known as Ventura Group) with a history of over 20 years. JSB is founded by Dr Jim Li in 2002. He attained a PhD from Cambridge University, UK, has publications in leading international journals and owns over 40 USPTO & WIPO granted patents in the areas of advanced technology deployment to electronic devices and manufacturing processes. Digi-Pas is a global-leading manufacturer of Digi-Pas® Intelligent Scientific Levelling & Angular Measuring Instruments, Ventura V-Flex® Flexible Flat Cables (formerly acquired from SONY, Japan) and eGeeTouch® IoT-enabled Smart Locking devices. eGee-Pro® Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) division specialises on N95-grade Respiratory Face Mask and Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
Digi-Pas®, eGee-Pro®, Ventura V-Flex® & eGeeTouch® are registered trademarks of JSB and DIGIPAS Technologies Inc., and also EGEETOUCH websites.
As a maturing group of companies for over two decades, we are organized into three main business units covering a broad customer base in various industries at a global scale to ensure stable growth yet mitigating effects of sectoral market cyclical fluctuations. Our subsidiary offices and affiliated companies are located in USA, Japan, UK, China & Germany, and the management is led by a team of highly specialized professionals focusing on the development of core capabilities within specific domain expertise. The product development capability is fully integrated with international supply chains to forge a highly competitive rapid delivery of world-class quality and award-winning innovative products focusing on global-scale niche market segments. The group presently employ a total of approx. 500 people for both business operation and production activities.
WORLD-PIONEERING INNOVATION & R&D CAPABILITY
For over a decade, our innovation strategy is based on the concept of Transformative Innovation (a paper publised in Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 2017) through which emerging technologies are selectively identified, relentlessly developed and deployed to create high-valued, radically innovative new products having unparalleled performances that greatly benefiting our clients. These new intelligent products replace their traditional counterparts/products while simultaneously creating new catergories of applications in various industries unavailable previously, such as:
- Driverless car for providing chassis real-time planar angle orientation,
- AI-assisted surgical and diagnostic medical equipment for providing a highly precise 2-dimension angular position reference plane,
- IoT-enabled remote access authorization & tracking to enhance access security for logistic, storage and guest lodging platform services etc.).
In 2009, Digi-Pas® pioneered the world's-first dual-axis MEMS-driven precision digital level to replace those conventional 'bubble' levelling instruments and in 2011, we further pioneered the world's-first 2-axis intelligent machinist level that have greatly simplified any high precision machine levelling and 2-Dimensional angle measurements tasks. In 2012, we sustained our innovation by presenting the world-first Digi-Pas® 2-axis (planar) ultra-precision inclinometer at the world's leading precision machining tradeshow, JIMTOF in Tokyo. These intelligent diagnostic instruments and technologies have been evidently used by some of the world’s most technologically advanced companies, research laboratories and government institutions, particularly in the aerospace and defence industries.
In 2014, we further pioneered the world-1st IoT-enabled smart locking devices which found many applications in security and consumer industries. These devices utilize advance encrypted wireless proximity-access and remote authorization security technologies, and subsequently the smart locks have been adopted and sold in major global markets such as U.S., Japan, U.K, E.U. and Asia.
In early 2020, responding to the emergence of Coronavirus pandemic deadly threat to mankind globally, our R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing teams rapidly develop, file patents, manufacture a new eGeePro® N-95 Reusable Respiratory Face Mask, and thereafter, get tested and certified by accredited 3rd-party international test and certification bodies to timely launch the mask prior the "Circuit Breaker" ended. Subsequently, eGeePro® Respiratory Mask was awarded by Singapore Intellectual Property agency (IPOS) on Innovation for Humanity Award 2020.
WORLD-PIONEERING INNOVATION & R&D CAPABILITY
In 2014, our eGeeTouch® business division launched award-winning IoT-enabled Smart Locks, for applications such as on travel luggage lock, bicycle lock and padlocks which provide hassle free and enhanced security in safeguarding personal belongings for the increasingly changing mobile lifestyle. These smartlocks, serve an enduring needs for securing physical assets, strategically seek to displace those old-fashioned digit-dial/key-locks. Upon launching in Tokyo, eGeeTouch® NFC-driven smart padlock won the New Product Award at Japan's largest DIY Homecenter Tradeshow for 2014 & also 2015. The radically-distinct eGeeTouch® NFC smart luggage lock contested among world's best innovation further won numerous Innovation Awards at the world's largest US Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015 and also consecutively in CES 2016. These world-first innovative products were featured by leading international media such as CNN, USA Today, Fox News, CBC News, CNet, Engaget, Mashable, UK's Daily Mail and many others.
Patents and various forms of intellecutal properties are obvious manifestation of our R&D team novel ideas and capabilities resulting from relenless and sustained research activities over a decade. Our IP portfolio contents over 40 granted patents and trademarks by USPTO and WIPO covering juridictions including US, Europe, Japan, China, Singapore and numerous countries in both advanced and emerging economies. This comprehensive IP portfolio serves as a solid foundation to provide distributorships and licensing to our worldwide business partners. In addition to patents, trademarks and proprietary technologies in specialized domains, we obtain world's leading Calibration Certifications by accredited U.S., Japan and Germany calibration bodies with NIST, JIS and DIN standards to form our intagible assests which significantly raising entry barriers and risks to new enterance within these market segments.
OUR COSTUMER & USERS
We have an excellent track record of successfully innovating and scaling-up our new product's volume and generic models to meet the needs of our worldwide customers. Our customers, users and strategic business partners are the leading brands multinational corporations and world-leading specialized companies - which require cutting-edge technology & products within their respective industries ranging from consumer electronics to aerospace, medical, precision engineering & machining, nuclear power, railways, construction, research and education. They include some of the world's most technologically advanced companies, research laboratories and government institutions such as NASA, Lockheed Martin, US Navy, US Air Force, Airbus, Siemens, Space X, Intel, Makino, Honda, Mitsubishi, DMG Mori Seiki, Hurco, BMW, Hyundai, US Naval Research Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratories, Cambridge University's Cavendish Laboratory, Brookhaven National Lab etc. And on consumer products, they include Panasonic, SONY, CANON, SHARP etc.
ACCREDITATION & REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
The technology-driven products of our company are patented, design registered, and certified by TÜV SÜD, SGS, UL to comply with CE, FCC, C-Tick, RoHS, UL and the measurement instrument product's ACCURACY performance to specification has been certified and validated with Calibration Certificates by world-leading accredited 3rd party calibration & test laboratories, such as Boeing Metrology Labs & Transcat (USA), TRESCAL (Germany) & JQA (Japan), traceble to NIST, JIS, UKAS & DIN standards. Digi-Pas precision instruments and sensor modules are specifically designed to comply with U.S. EAR99 classification. Clients who need to have our CAGE/NCAGE CODE, please contact our U.S. SALES SUPPORT TEAM.
ADVANCED MANUFACTURING FACILITIES
Our factories are ISO9001, ISO14001 & TS16949 certified and periodically audited by world's leading SGS certification body for quality assurance, traceability, environmental conformance, and work safety & health management. These factories produce flexible flat cables, digital levelling & angular measuring instruments and also smart locking devices.
With over two decades of research, development and manufacturing expertise, our products, services and technologies are utilized by millions of consumers all over the world.
- On February 2020, in response to emerging Coronavirus pandemic deadly threat to mankind globally, our R&D, Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams worked vigorously to rapidly develop, file patents, manufacture a new eGeePro® N-95 Reusable Respiratory Face Mask, and thereafter, get tested and certified by accredited 3rd-party international test bodies to timely launch the mask prior the "Circuit Breaker" ended. Several months later, the 2nd and 3rd generation of Intelligent Translucent Mask were also launched at Singapore, U.S., Japan, U.K, and other ASEAN countries.
- Subsequently, eGeePro® Respiratory Mask was awarded by Singapore Intellectual Property agency (IPOS) on Innovation for Humanity Award 2020..
- Digipas Technologies Inc. is assigned and issued by US Defense Logistics Information Service (DLIS) with a Commercial and Government Entity Code, or CAGE Code, an identifier as suppliers to various government or defense agencies. CAGE Codes are used internationally as part of the NATO Codification System (NCS). These codes are also known as NCAGE Codes.
- Digi-Pas introduced world-1st, Industrial-grade IoT-enabled Smart Wireless 2-axis Machinist Level, DWL1500XY with Bluetooth Connectivity at CONTROL – International Trade Fair for Quality Assurance (Stuttgart, Germany).
- Digipas Technologies Inc. won the 2017 RED Dot Design Award for the eGeeTouch® Smart Travel Padlock
- Granted USPTO utility patent - Angle Measuring Device and Methods for Calibration, US Pat. No.: 9,459,121 B2
- Granted USPTO utility patent - Luggage Locking Device and Baggage Handling Method, US Pat. No.: 9,524,600 B2
- For 3rd consecutive years, our Inteligent Locking Security Device won Japan's DIY New Product Award 2016 (Tokyo).
- JSB TECH introduced eGeeTouch® DUAL-Technology NFC+Bluetooth Smart Travel Padlock at Japan's largest DIY Homecenter Show 2015 (Tokyo) and it won the New Product Award based on Buyers' votes outperforming hundreds of contestants from all over the world.
- Similarly, our affiliated company's DIGIPAS further launched another world's pioneering eGeeTouch® DUAL-Technology NFC+Fingerprint Smart Luggage Lock at 2016 CES at Las Vegas, USA. This Smart Luggage Lock won another CES Innovation Award under Tech for a Better World category.
- JSB TECH & DIGIPAS introduced the world's first eGeeTouch® NFC Smart Electronic Padlock at Japan's largest DIY Homecenter Show 2014 (Tokyo). The Smart Padlock won New Product Award based on Buyers' votes outperforming hundreds of contestants from Asia, U.S. & Europe.
- Our affiliated company's DIGIPAS launched the world's pioneering eGeeTouch® NFC Smart Luggage Lock at 2015 CES International (Las Vegas) U.S.A. The Smart Luggage Lock won CES Innovation Award, under Tech for a Better World category. CES is the world's largest Consumer Electronic Show organized by U.S. Consumer Electronic Association, representing over $203 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry.
- Digi-Pas® introduced at the National Hardware Show (Las Vegas) U.S., the world's-first IP67 rating Waterproof Torpedo Digital Level embedded with LED technology, capable of wide operating temperature range -20°C to +60°C.
- Granted USPTO utility patent - Electronic Combination Lock, USPTO Patent No. US 9,121,199 B2
- Filed and published USPTO patent pending - Angle measuring device and method for calibration, US Pat. App. No.: US 2014/0350881 A1.
- Digi-Pas® launched at JIMTOF Exhibition (Tokyo) Japan, the world's-first 2-axis Ultra-Precision Digital Level with an accuracy of 1 arcsec or 5µm/M, embedded with vibrometer, Bluetooth and 3D Surface Geometry Profiling software features.
- Granted USPTO Design Patent - Dual Axis Digital Level, U.S. Patent No. US D692,328 S
- Filed patent in Germany: Patent No. DE 11 2010 005 595 T5 - EU
- We continue to acquire FFC manufacturing machinery from Hitachi Cable Malaysia and Hitachi Cable Singapore, to consolidate the FFC industry in the region and we have since become the largest Flexible Flat Cable manufacturer in ASEAN.
- A breakthrough-world-1st industrial-grade 2-Axis Machinist Digital Level, DWL3500XY, of 0.001° or 18µm/M or 3.6 arcsec resolution and accuracy for the precision engineering industry was exhibited in Germany and Australia.
- Digi-Pas® precision digital levels were awarded Calibration Certificates by various accredited calibration & test laboratories in USA, Japan, UK, Germany and the Singapore National Metrology Centre for conformance to NIST, JIS, UKAS & DIN standards.
- Awarded CANON Green Procurement Certificate.
- JSB Tech released the world-1st industrial-grade Dual-Axis High Precision Digital Level incorporated with Vibrometer based on Advanced MEMS Technology. Model DWL3000XY was exhibited in Tokyo, Japan and in IMTS, Chicago, USA.
- PCT Patent filed for a Green & Cost Effective Rigid-Flex PCB and a miniature Electronic Lock
- Introduced the Ventura V-Flex® Whisker Controlled FFC
- The world-1st Digital Post Level, DWL1000XY, was exhibited in London Hardware Show.
- Acquired the Flexible Flat Cable (FFC) business unit from SONY Chemical and Information Device, Japan and had since become one of the world largest FFC electronic component manufacturers.
- Ventura V-Flex ® trademark was registered in Singapore, IPOS.
- JSB Tech Japan Sales Office was established in Tokyo.
|2005 to 2008
- Establish Joint Venture Company, Meisei-Ventura Thailand Co. Ltd at Ayutthaya. Specializing in FPC Part and component assembly. It was joint venture with Japanese Meisei Group. (the JV was sold to Meisei Group in 2011)
- In-house R&D lab was setup and new product roadmap esatablished focusing on MEMS sensor related applied reaseach. Collaborated with A*STAR T-Up program to enhance the development of specialised manufacturing process capability.
- 2 (two) PCT Patents were filed for FPC Manufacturing Processes and Digital Angular Measurement Instruments
- Attained CE, FCC and C-Tick from TUV & PSB for Digital measurement products
- Expanded total manufacturing capacity in the region to over 100,000 sq. ft. and over 1,000 manpower
- Obtained OHSAS 18001 certification for Health & Safety management of our affiliated factories.
- Expanded Optical Disk Drive manufacturing capacity to 5 million units per year.
|2000 to 2004
- Obtained ISO 9002 Certification
- Embarked on full Box-Built Assembly product for Floppy Disk Drives.
- JSB Tech Pte Ltd is incorporated in Singapore, 2002, to replace the function of JM (S'Pore) Marketing and further extend into Research & Development activities.
- Obtain ISO 14001, UL, TUV, CSA Certification.
- Ventura Electronic (Suzhou) Co. Ltd was established. It ceased in 2010 to be replaced by our Sales Office, Li Huang (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
- Engaged in Highly Precision Mechanical Module Assembly (e.g. Optical Pick-up Head assembly for CD R/W and DVD R/W)
- Pb-Free Process Standardization, Production Standing-Operation System and Cell Manufacturing Systems established at our affiliated factories.
- Awarded Sony OEM Green Partnership
- Expanded into Precision Plastic Injection Moulding to manufacture components for Floppy, CD and DVD consisting of Magnetic and Optical Computer Data Storage Drives.
- Established PT. VJB in Batam (Previously known as PT. JM), Indonesia focusing on assembly for Flexible Printed Circuit used in Re-chargeable Battery cordless/wireless phones.
- Establish JM (S'Pore) Marketing as a trading company in Singapore